Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 2

So I've been staying at my friend Meg's house and she has been so nice about everything and has taken care of me so well.

Today was definitely harder than yesterday because my swelling is much much worse so I couldn't even make a video because it hurts to talk :(.  The pressure in my face is a very weird feeling and it hurts bc I feel so stretched.  The feeling is coming back to the top part of my face and it feels really prickly and tingly all the time and isn't pleasant at all.

I didn't take the percocet a lot today and may just use it to help me sleep from now on.  I don't like that it just knocks me out because I need to be drinking and brushing and taking other meds all the time.  Today I basically just watched tv and dozed in and out all day.  I don't feel as out of it as I did yesterday so that's good.  I spelled so many things wrong yesterday it was funny.

Today I've been pretty much able to take care of myself.  I've made myself food, refilled my ice packs, and taken my meds on schedule.  The biggest challenge today was showering.  I had heard of someone who fainted from it on another blog so I was scared.  I told my friend to come check on me after about 5-10 mins.  At first it was fine and felt good, but then I started to get really light-headed and scared that I was going to pass out.  I can't really explain the feeling, but it was light-headedness mixed with exhaustion and a little bit of panic.  I got out of the shower and just wanted to lie down, but I didn't since I was in a bathroom.  I sat down and my friend eventually came down to check on me and then gave me water.  I slowly got dressed and then laid down. 

It definitely feels good to be clean and I think it may have cleared up my sinuses a little bit.  And seriously just a little bit, but at least my ears popped.  Today the TADs started to really irritate my lips and gums.  It's making me worry more about getting an infection.  I'm trying really hard to not get one bc I don't want to prolong my recovery time.  I've been swishing w salt water after every med I take and everything I drink that isn't water.  They want me to brush 6 times a day which I'm trying to work up to bc it hurts!  This morning when I brushed for the first time, I brushed way too hard on my top lip and idn what I did, but it hurt and has been really swollen since.

I'm really happy because I've been able to use cups so I haven't had to fuss with the syringes much.

Today was definitely a bigger struggle and I had to work to keep my spirits up.  I know how funny I look and I want to laugh about it, but it hurts.  And it's way harder to talk today so that was upsetting as well.  I'll take some pictures even though I'd never want to be seen like this so I'll probably put them up in a few days after it's gone down a little so I feel better about it.

Also ice is my favorite thing ever.  I wish I had a ski mask made of ice bc it's really hard to keep ice on all the different areas of my face.


Here's a video I made.  I wasn't originally planning on sharing it so I was pretty mumbly, but after rewatching it, I think it's a good video to show.  I put on subtitles so you can understand it.





my smile haha


lookin good...


my lovely necklace is made of the ice packs tied together.  the hospital gave me these

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are doing well, I know what you mean about showering - for the first few days I could only sit in the bath with the shower hose as I was waaay to weak to stand up and shower, so good on you! It's great that you have a good friend to take care of you and help you with things too, I can't imagine doing everything myself while being spun out on pain medication - not nice. All the best for a speedy recovery xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! It's so nice of you to think of me :)

    I'm definitely nervous to shower again although maybe it'll help with my congestion...maybe I'll try tomorrow haha

    I hope you're still recovering well from the genio redo!

    ReplyDelete